About T. Reginald Harris, MD
T. Reginald Harris, M.D., vice-president and one of the original members of the board of directors for The Carolinas Center for Medical Excellence, formerly Medical Review, died on March 6, 1999, and will be long remembered for his active role in many civic, professional and community activities.
In 1999, CCME created the Harris Memorial Award to honor the life and memory of one of its founding members
T. Reginald Harris, MD. Presented annually in conjunction with the fall meeting of the North Carolina Medical Society, the award is given to a North Carolina physician for outstanding achievements in the areas of health care quality and service to the medical community.
- 2016: Yele Aluko, MD, MBA, FACC
- 2015: James Bryan II, MD, MPH
- 2014: Alan S. Baumgarten, MD, MPH
- 2013: David Tayloe, MD
- 2012: Patrick Healy, MD
- 2011: Carol Koeble, MD
- 2010: James G. Jones, MD
- 2009: Herman A. Godwin, Jr., MD
- 2008: Donald K. Wallace, MD
- 2007: Elizabeth P. Kanof, MD
- 2006: Laura Hanson, MD, MPH
- 2005: Larry Cutchin, MD
- 2004: E. Harvey Estes, Jr.
- 2003: F. Maxton “Max” Mauney, Jr., MD
- 2002: Charles O. Boyette, MD
- 2001: H. David Bruton, MD
- 2000: John Glasson, MD
- 1999: Henry J. Carr, Jr., MD