Calling all health care nonprofits in the Carolinas! Grant applications are now open!
The CCME Foundation works to improve the health of individuals and communities. We provide charitable grants to non-profit organizations to build on or undertake new improvement projects. Funding is prioritized on a project's potential to impact the community in terms of access to health care and related services using measurable outcomes. We welcome all eligible applicants, especially "grassroot" organizations during their early stages of development.
Our funding organization, The Carolinas Center for Medical Excellence, was founded in 1984 to improve the quality of health care for Carolinians. That important work continues today. CCME has remained focused on reinvesting in our people and communities we serve to better support our mission. Thus, the CCME Foundation was created in 2019 as a separate non-profit organization to provide grants to qualified entities in the Carolinas.
Having an Impact
"This program allows us to be a resource in abating the onset of chronic diseases for those who lack access to affordable and compassionate health care. Without these funds, we would not be in a position to fund food and medical supplies, educational speakers, and incentives to motivate residents toward better health."
- Iris Hubbard, Executive Director of Shelter Health Services
2021 Impact Stories 2022 Impact Stories
"It is truly a rewarding feeling to give back to the people and communities who dedicate their time and energy to improve health care systems and peoples' lives"
- Steven Martin, CEO, CCME
- Donald. J. DiPette, MD, FACP, FAHA – Chairman, CCME Parent Board Member, Columbia SC
- Jeffrey L. Perkins, CIA, CHFP, MBA – CCME Parent Board Member, Columbia SC
- Ian B. Buchanan, MD, MPH – CCME Parent Board Member, Boone NC
- Quince D. Fleming, Jr., MBA – Community Member, Raleigh NC
- Cornell P. Wright, MPA – Community Member, Durham NC
- John R. Mangum, MD – Ex officio, Sanford NC
Staff: Dori DeJong, MPA - Executive Director
Phone: (919) 461-5550